Why I chose OT

Over the past couple years I have been asked the question "Why did I choose OT." To answer this question I always say to be completely honest I didn't choose OT at first. When I first entered my undergrad years I knew I wanted to enter the medical field but did not know exactly what field I wanted to go into. Throughout the first few years I explored my options with chiropractic and then changed my focus to physical therapy. While taking the classes I needed to become a physical therapist I was introduced to the field of occupational therapy. I started exploring my options and quickly found that occupational therapy was meant for me. When I did my research into the beginning of OT I began to smile and became so eager and excited to learn more about the practice. I began shadowing different occupational therapists and fell more and more in love with occupational therapy. I knew that this occupation fit my personality and from that point forward I knew that I wanted to become an OT. Helping others to return to doing things that truly make them smile also made me smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LoC

Media project Organize with Zipties

The best fit