Mock Interview

 I had my mock interview for the OT program today over zoom and I felt like the interview went pretty good overall. I was pretty nervous before going into the interview and I felt like I needed to have answers to potential questions in my mind that she might ask me. Then I decided to relax and just do my best and I think going in relaxed is the best way instead of having thoughts in your head about what you want to say. To prepare for the interview I looked at the resources that was provided including questions to ask during an interview, common interview questions and answers, and words you should never use to describe yourself in an interview. I also contacted a family member that recently went to several interviews and received some information on how she prepared for her interviews. While I was in the interview I did not expect there to be a glitch in the connection. The screen was frozen and the audio was not coming through for a second. It took a few seconds for the screen to connect back and the interviewer had to turn her camera off so the connection would be stronger. It was a little bit intimidating not being able to see her reactions and really made me realize how much non verbal feedback contributes to conversation. If I could change one thing about my interview, I would remind myself to talk slowly and really think and gather my thoughts before I begin to answer the question. I felt like I was talking really fast and then began to repeat myself toward the end of answering the question. From this interview I learned that I should come prepared with some type of question to ask at the end of the interview. It will help to make me look more interested in the position to have some type of question prepared to ask upon arrival at the interview. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media project Organize with Zipties

The best fit

OTPF